Posada Dona Carmen is one of the first Posada in Los Roques, a good and economic alternative to the rest of the Posadas located in Gran Roques, front door facing the Plaza Bolivar and backdoor with a beautiful view of the sea.
Please note- For single person accommodation in a double room there is an extra charge. - International credit card accepted using Paypal. - Some taxes not included.
Media & Technology
Food & Drink
Besides being the perfect landscape for your vacations, Los Roques offers countless outdoor activities that will provide you with the enjoyment of the exceptional nature around you. The following attractions, offered by a large variety of independent operators, are available for your recreation and pleasure: Bone fishing - Windsurfing - Kitesurfing.-Kayak - Snorkeling/Diving - Ultra Light - Excursions to the keys.
Check-In: 09:00 (in the morning)
The Landing Strip in Gran Roque.
Charter a sailboat from Margarita, La Guaira or Higuerote!
1. Responsibilities: LosRoques.travel takes responsibility of contracts and agreements celebrated with his clients in the supplying of all our services. Similarly we declines all responsibility by wars, strikes, delays, fires, accidents and their consequences, epidemics, destruction of machinery, acts of government, robberies, looting or any other cause other people's to the company, as well as the accidents suffered by subcontracted services or delays in flights and transfers of commercial airlines. The company is not either responsible by the derived consequences of the consumption or possession of drugs or narcotic substances in our programs and services.
2. Documentation: The tourist must bring with himself his documents of identification and consular visas, in case of problems by defect of the passport or lack of consular visa appear, the company is not made responsible by the expenses originated by the delay or total lost of the contracted services.
3. Reintegration by cancellation on the part of the tourist: The eighty percent (80%) 30 days before the date of beginning of the services. The seventy and five percents (75%) 15 days before the date of beginning of the services. The fifty percent (50%) up to one week before the beginning of the services. The twenty-five percent (25%) up to 72 hours before the beginning of the service will be no reimbursement between the 72 hours and the beginning of the service.
4. There will be no reimbursement in case of no Show, inadequate documents of trip, abandonment of tour in anyone of its moments or services nonuse voluntarily by the traveler. In case of rain or bad weather or any reason of greater force that could put in danger the security of the tourist, the company reserves the right to modify the program, without the tourist has right to claim or indemnification.
5. Claims: All the claims will have to be directed in writing to our offices, within the forty and eight (48) hours following to the conclusion of the services.
6. All the conditions of hiring of the services are considered accepted by means of:
1) the execution of the payment of the services contracted previously to the beginning of the service. 2) the acceptance of voucher of the services that is extend to client by electronic mail, via fax or by any other mechanism. 3) the use of any part of the contracted services.
Some features of this website need to store information about your visit. This is used only to provide service to you, is never shared with anyone else and is deleted when no longer needed.
You have not yet told us if we can collect Personally Identifiable Information about you
You must consent to us storing this data for you to be able to make bookings on this site. Regardless of whether or not you consent to your data being stored, we will store a cookie on your computer to tell us whether or not you have opted in. This helps us to ensure that we do not constantly ask you whether or not you want to opt in or out and it does not contain any Personally Identifiable Information (PII). If you change your mind you can visit the "App permissions" page at any time to opt in or out.
The information is stored for different time periods depending on the nature of your visit. So, if you are just looking around we will store approximate geographical location (country level) information. If you perform searches, then to make search forms more user friendly we will store the last things you searched on. This information is typically stored for a maximum of 24 hours and is only used to make your visit more pleasant.
When you make a booking with us, by necessity more information is stored.
I am not completely sure what people are complaining about. Posada Dona Carmen was much better than I thought it would be after reading all the negative reviews. The rooms are spacious, clean, with AC or fans. Rooms number 5 and 6 are beach front. They give breakfast and dinner. The food is better than typical Venezuelan posada food. meals were typical Venezuelan breakfasts, Arepas, cheese, soem kind of meat and eggs. Dinners were usually three courses, an appetizer, a main meal, and dessert.
The Posada has that main square on one side and the main beach (from whcih you catch your boats to the swimming beaches) on the other. That makes it ideally located for carrying heavy coolers to the boat, getting drinks or supplies from the local stores, and joining the party in the Plazas in the evenings. The most popular bar on the main island is right next door which can get loud, but our rooms were mid hotel and back so we never heard the revelry.
The people who rated this posada very low must not have traveled in Venezuela much. I think that the others who said they were disappointed were expecting something more like a Holiday Inn. We have been living in Venezuela for years and we thought this Posada was on par with any we have stayed at in this country.
You have to remember that Los Roques is generally very overpriced. beers are twice what you would pay on the mainland, ice is a precious commodity, and all lodging is at lest double what an equivalent lodge on the mainland would be. Its like that because they know you'll pay for it to spend some time in the beauty of the islands.
Of course the beach right in front of the Posada is not for swimming. NONE of the beaches on Gran Roque are for swimming. You are supposed to take a boat and go to the good beaches. And for the lady that said 'Angry Locals yelled from their dinghy's'; of they yelled at you you were being stupid and swimming in a dangerous area. Plus they fish for a living and you were disrupting their work.
I would recommend this hotel based on what you get for what you pay. You can get something a little bit better for a lot more money, but why waste you money when this is a perfectly good place for a lot less money?
I've found the posadas in Los Roques to be over priced in general. You can definitely find nicer and more modern establishments if you're willing to pay the price. If you are looking for an affordable, clean, but basic place to sleep then Posada Doña Carmen is the place for you at around 80 usd per person a night.
I stayed at Posada Doña Carmen over spring break. I found the staff to be quite helpful in finding local stores for food and beach supplies, as well as connecting us with people to arrange boat transport. At least a little Spanish is a huge help in getting these conversations started.
The food at the posada was a mix of local plates (beans, shredded beef, and arapas) and sea food and pasta. Overall I'd rate the food as average to above average and the portions we're more than enough.
There are three rooms with beach front views which only have fans. We had one of these rooms and it did get a little hot but that's the trade off for a the view and the sounds of the ocean at night. The other rooms have AC. All room are basic and clean.
There is no pool or anything fancy at this posada but they do have a nice rooftop terrace with a couple of sun chairs.
|Tariff name||Room/property type||Min person||Max person||Valid from||Valid til||Minimum days||Maximum days|
|(Temporada Alta) - Half Board - Media pensión||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||22||Friday, 15 December 2017||Thursday, 10 January 2019||64€ Per person per night||1||100|
|(Temporada Alta) Half Board - Media pensión||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||36||Thursday, 15 June 2017||Wednesday, 14 September 2022||64€ Per person per night||1||100|
|Half Board - Media pensión||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||36||Thursday, 26 January 2017||Thursday, 14 July 2022||62€ Per person per night||1||100|
|Half Board - Media pensión||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||36||Friday, 15 September 2017||Thursday, 15 December 2022||60€ Per person per night||1||100|
Here's a list of some of the great things you can purchase while making a booking at this property.
Max 2 persons with guide and boat, all included. You can specify the exact days upon arrival in Los Roques with your Fishing Guide.255€ (16%) ( Per days (min days) )
Scuba diving with PADI accredited crew, 2 immersions each day and boat transfers included64€ (16%) ( Per person per day )
Day Tour all included: A visit to nearby islands, lunch, awnings and beach chairs, refreshing drinks and two cold beers per person21€ (16%) ( Per person per day )
Leaving from the Maiquetia National Airport to Los Roques. Please be there 1 hour before. (Itinerary depends on seats availability)272€ (16%) ( Per person per booking )
|Friday, 14 September 2018||28||27||Clouds|
|Saturday, 15 September 2018||29||28||Clouds|
|Sunday, 16 September 2018||28||28||Clear|
|Monday, 17 September 2018||29||29||Rain|
|Tuesday, 18 September 2018||29||29||Clear|
|Wednesday, 19 September 2018||29||28||Rain|
|Thursday, 20 September 2018||29||29||Clear|