Lodge Caracol directly with beach front and a new terrace with rooftop (both with seating) to take advantage of the excellent sea view and breeze. The latter has roof, handsome rattan furniture, table and chairs, plus a hammock.
Common social area with DirecTV and sound equipment. Meal service. They provide snorkeling equipment and beach towels. Normally sold in the standard package with lodging, meals, transfer to a nearby key with picnic lunch and soft drinks.
Please note: - For single accommodation in double room there is a recharge. - International credit card accepted. - Some taxes not included.
Media & Technology
Besides being the perfect landscape for your vacations, Los Roques offers countless outdoor activities that will provide you with the enjoyment of the exceptional nature around you. The following attractions, offered by a large variety of independent operators, are available for your recreation and pleasure: -Bone fishing. -Windsurfing. -Kitesurfing. -Kayak. -Snorkeling/Diving. -Excursions to the keys.
Check-In: 15:00 - Check-Out: 12.00.
Getting to Los Los Roques is an easy, safe and fast flight. A national flight from Caracas (Estimated time 35 minutes).
Please pick the extra option on the booking form!
The Landing Strip in Gran Roque
Charter a sailboat from Margarita, La Guaira or Higuerote!
1. Responsibilities: LosRoques.travel takes responsibility of contracts and agreements celebrated with his clients in the supplying of all our services. Similarly we declines all responsibility by wars, strikes, delays, fires, accidents and their consequences, epidemics, destruction of machineries, acts of government, robberies, lootings or any other cause other people's to the company, as well as the accidents suffered by subcontracted services or delays in flights and transfers of commercial airlines. The company is not either responsible by the derived consequences of the consumption or possession of drugs or narcotic substances in our programs and services
2. Documentation: The tourist must bring with himself his documents of identification and consular visas, in case of problems by defect of the passport or lack of consular visa appear, the company is not made responsible by the expenses originated by the delay or total lost of the contracted services.
3. Reintegration by cancellation on the part of the tourist: The eighty percent (80%) 30 days before the date of beginning of the services. The seventy and five percents (75%) 15 days before the date of beginning of the services. The fifty percent (50%) up to one week before the beginning of the services. The twenty-five percent (25%) up to 72 hours before the beginning of the service will be no reimbursement between the 72 hours and the beginning of the service.
4. There will be no reimbursement in case of no Show, inadequate documents of trip, abandonment of tour in anyone of its moments or services nonuse voluntarily by the traveler. In case of rain or bad weather or any reason of greater force that could put in danger the security of the tourist, the company reserves the right to modify the program, without the tourist has right to claim or indemnification
5. Claims: All the claims will have to be directed in writing to our offices, within the forty and eight (48) hours following to the conclusion of the services.
6. All the conditions of hiring of the services are considered accepted by means of: 1) the execution of the payment of the services contracted previously to the beginning of the service; 2) the acceptance of voucher of the services that is extend to client by electronic mail, via fax or by any other mechanism; 3) the use of any part of the contracted services.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to Posada Caracol
The only interresting point for this hotel is the location , right on the beach, it is unique in los roques.
This being said , there is a limited confort , it is not clean , food is poor , service , what is it?
Price is extremely high , there is no value for the money.
It seems certainly better to choose a more simple posada , cheeper, but for sure with moore sympatical owner and better consideration for the guests.
Pasada Caracol is one of the few right on the beach, and judging by walking past the others, is by far the loveliest. The first impression is stunning - sitting/dining terrace with views of pelicans perching on small boats moored off the beach, comfortable cane chairs and cool white parasols spilling onto the sand. Being handed a cold drink and sitting admiring the quiet view under a cloudless blue sky, after a long day in Caracas - a person could get used to this! After this excellent start, the bedrooms were a disappointment. Our friend's room was tiny - they could practically go into the shower room without leaving the bed. Our room was larger but only had an interior window so was very dull and gloomy. It was the only one of the 4 bedrooms to have air con though. The food was good - Italian style ,and fish every night for the main course. The staff were smiling and did their best but did not speak an awful lot of English, and there is a laid back atmosphere!
(Do not mix it up with VILLA Caracol - same group but different location)
The location of the Posada Caracol is maybe the most romantic (awesome sunsets with a lot of birds and pelicans) and most beautiful on the island directly on the beach (even if the airport is close). The food was delicious (very friendly cook - the soul of the house) and the boat for the trips to the islands is very modern and safe. We liked very much to have the possibility to eat on an own table to have some privacy - a thing that you do not find in many other posadas (big tables with all guests).
On the other hand, compared to the price we paid (a european five star hotel price) the service was very poor and repeatedly very disappointing - never experienced like this on our 5 months trip to South America.
By asking for information or help we mostly felt like disturbing. The trip to an island that was not included in the price had to be organized by ourselves after having the information from the manager that there is no trip to this island (which was not true). Within our 5-days-stay we had 4 days cold shower water and also reparing the shower-sink took several attempts from our side. As the crew leaves sometimes already at 9pm there was some kind of hurry during the dinners - they clean up your tables when not even finished. It has to be said that the waitress was very friendly but seemed to be obliged to follow the instructions of the management.
At our departure day we had the instruction from the manager to leave the posada at 4pm after the paying procedure with her. Even at 4.15pm she did not show up and we had to check out with the cleaning lady. Later at the airport, the manager showed up to welcome new guests and she handed us over the receipt. She not even said goodbye or sorry for not having appeared before. Maybe she just did not like us, although we always tried to be decent and correct.
There could be mentioned many other examples that should not occur in such a luxury place. And, interestingly, other guests mentioned similar experiences.
We hope that this report will strongly improve/adapt the service quality and management philosophy at Posada Caracol. If not, the price and what you get are definitely not in an equilibrium.
However, los Roques is one of the most beautiful spots we have ever seen on earth and going there is like spending some days in paradise!
|Tariff name||Room/property type||Min person||Max person||Valid from||Valid til||Minimum days||Maximum days|
|Full Board - Pensión completa + excursiones a las islas||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||10||Saturday, 01 July 2017||Thursday, 31 August 2017||USD$155 Per person per night||1||100|
|Full Board - Pensión completa + excursiones a las islas||Double Room 2 Pers.||2||10||Tuesday, 29 August 2017||Tuesday, 31 October 2017||USD$200 Per person per night||1||100|
|Full Board - Pensión completa + excursiones a las islas||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||10||Friday, 01 September 2017||Monday, 18 December 2017||USD$135 Per person per night||1||100|
|Full Board - Pensión completa + excursiones a las islas||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||10||Tuesday, 19 December 2017||Monday, 25 December 2017||USD$180 Per person per night||1||100|
|Full Board - Pensión completa + excursiones a las islas||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||10||Tuesday, 26 December 2017||Wednesday, 03 January 2018||USD$225 Per person per night||1||100|
Here's a list of some of the great things you can purchase while making a booking at this property.
Leaving from the Maiquetia National Airport from 5.30 hours in the morning of the arrival day, returning until 17.30 hours in the afternoon of the departure day. Please be there 1 hour before. (Itinerary depends on seats availability)USD$265 ( )
|Sunday, 20 August 2017||29||28||Clear|
|Monday, 21 August 2017||29||28||Rain|
|Tuesday, 22 August 2017||29||28||Clouds|
|Wednesday, 23 August 2017||29||29||Rain|
|Thursday, 24 August 2017||29||29||Rain|
|Friday, 25 August 2017||29||28||Rain|
|Saturday, 26 August 2017||29||28||Rain|