Lodge La Terraza, just behind the Church and very close the beach. The owners and hosts Josefina and Jose now offer 8 big rooms in this pretty posada after the Lodge has been completely rebuildt.
Lots of nice decorations and furnishings both in guest rooms and the social dining area, and off cause the biggest roof terrace in Los roques.One of the best attended posadas in Los Roques.
Please note- For single accommodation in double room there is a recharge.- International credit card accepted.- Some taxes not included.
Media & Technology
Food & Drink
Besides being the perfect landscape for your vacations, Los Roques offers countless outdoor activities that will provide you with the enjoyment of the exceptional nature around you. The following attractions, offered by a large variety of independent operators, are available for your recreation and pleasure:-Bone fishing.-Windsurfing.-Kitesurfing.-Kayak.-Snorkeling/Diving.-Ultra Light.-Excursions to the keys.
Check-In: 15:00 - Check-Out:12:00.
Getting to Los Los Roques is an easy, safe and fast flight. A national flight from Caracas (Estimated time 35 minutes). the price of round trip is $ 295 per person, subject to change.
Please pick the extra option on the booking form!
The Landing Strip in Gran Roque.
Charter a sailboat from Margarita, La Guaira or Higuerote!
1) Responsibilities: losroques.Travel is responsible for contracts and agreements with its customers in providing all our services. Just as no responsibility for the wars, strikes, delays, fires, accidents and their consequences, epidemics, destruction of the mechanisms of government acts, theft, looting or any other cause beyond the company and accidents involving subcontracting services or delays in flights and transfers of commercial airlines. The company is not liable for the consequences arising from the use or possession of drugs or narcotic substances in our programs and services.
2) Documentation: The tourist should bring their identification documents and visa consular problems if the default of the passport or the lack of consular visa, the company is not liable for the costs incurred by the delay or total loss the contracted services.
3) Reimbursement for cancellation of tourists provides as follows: Eighty percent (80%) 30 days before the date of commencement of services. The seventy-five percent (75%) 15 days before the date of commencement of services.Fifty percent (50%) up to a week before the start of services. Twenty-five percent (25%) until 72 hours before the start of service no refund within 72 hours and the service starts.
4) No refunds in case of no show, inadequate travel documents, leaving the tour at any time or use their services voluntarily for the traveler. In case of rain or bad weather or other compelling reasons that might endanger the safety of tourists, the company reserves the right to modify, without the tourist is entitled to claim or recover.
5) Claims. All claims must be submitted in writing to our office, within forty-eight (48) hours following the conclusion of the service.
6) All conditions of employment services are considered accepted by:
1 - The execution of the payment of the contracted services before the commencement of service.
2 - Acceptance of vouchers ranging services to clients by email, fax or any other mechanism.
3 - The use of any part of the contracted services.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to La Terraza
I stayed at Posada La Terraza for 2 weeks in August 2009 with 3 friends. It was my first time to Los Rogues and it was beautiful; the best combination of beach/sea/nature that I have experienced.
La Terraza is a really nice and welcoming place to stay. The owners, Josefina and Juan, are very friendly and helpful. Blanca does an excellent job managing the rooms and day to day operations. The posada and air-conditioned rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfasts and dinners we had were excellent and a good variety over the 2 weeks...although if you don't like fish it could be difficult. The posada has 8 rooms and lots of common space for lounging around. Josefina keeps a garden in the courtyard and displays her rock sculptures in the garden. Ask her about them..she is a very nice and interesting person.
Juan will help you organize your daily excursions to the numerous beaches. Cayo de Agua was my favorite but all the beaches I visited were beautiful. Ask for Patrizia as a boat captain...she was great and I think the only woman who captains a boat. Great snorkeling at many of the beachs. The excurisions run about $10-20 per person depending on the distance (cayo de agua being the furthest) and include beach umbrella and chairs. You can organize lunch through the posada or as we did, buy your own drinks and snacks before leaving each morning.
Los Roques is a national park and development is thankfully restricted. There are no large hotels or resorts here so don't be expecting accomodations like you may find on other islands like Margarita or Aruba. Also night life is very limited. You come here for the beach and sea and to relax..and La Terazza is a perfect place to do this.
Tip for changing money: there is a big black market for exchaning money and the rate on the black market is much better than at the bank. However, beware of guys at the aiport in Caracas. A common trick is to ask you for large US$ bills to exchange...then distracting you and switching your bills for counterfit bills...then they give you back the counterfit ones and tell you they can't accept them because they are fake. Change just enough money at the official exhange offices to pay the entrance fee/tax in Caracas and for the entrace to Los Roques. When you get to Los Roques ask Juan about places to exhange more cash that you'll need for paying excursions, etc.
If you go to Los Roques Venezuela (Caribbean Paradise) Posada La Terraza is the best place to stay. 20 mts. from the beach. Beautiful decoration. They have just to rooms, one with a Kingsize bed and the other one with two queensize bed, especial for two couples or six member family. Very private, peaceful and relaxing place. Food is great and attention too.
They also have a very especial Web Site
La Terraza is so beautiful, they have a bigger place now. They switched from 2 rooms to 7 spectacular new rooms, all with air conditioning and hot water. The central garden is a dream, full of colors and sculptures. Blanca, Juan and Josefina make you feel great and they take care of you all the time. Food is good too, they have a new chef "Johnny" so funny guy, he also organized the trips to the islands every day for us. Excursions are not included in the package, you must pay depending on the island you visit each day, not a problem. We really had such a great time in Los Roques by staying at Posada La Terraza !!!
Went here in July after a wedding in Caracas with a bunch of friends - thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were super-friendly and their dog Mara is a cutie. Breakfasts were really good: pancakes, arepas, fresh-made guava juice, fabulous coffee with fresh cream....
There is a sunny courtyard where you can eat or hang out in hammocks with magazines in Spanish & English (I think previous visitors leave the English-language ones). They have books on the wildlife you'll see snorkeling, too.
The rooms are air-conditioned which rocks, and which is rare on Los Roques - make sure you don't inadvertenly set them to turn off at midnight like we did, though! The showers don't have hot water, but it's so hot on Los Roques I didn't mind.
Also, there's a great patio on top for you to hang out in or bake on.
Thumbs way up, overall.
|Tariff name||Room/property type||Min person||Max person||Valid from||Valid til||Minimum days||Maximum days|
|Bed & Breakfast - solo en temporada baja||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||4||Sunday, 15 January 2017||Thursday, 21 December 2017||USD$100 Per person per night||1||1000|
|Full Board + Tours - Pensión completa + excursiones a las islas (Por 1 noche y 1 dia)||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||22||Monday, 09 January 2017||Wednesday, 10 January 2018||USD$150 Per person per night||1||1000|
|Half Board - media pension||Double Room 2 Pers.||1||22||Monday, 09 January 2017||Wednesday, 10 January 2018||USD$125 Per person per night||1||1000|
Here's a list of some of the great things you can purchase while making a booking at this property.
Leaving from the Maiquetia National Airport the arrival day to Los Roques and returning the departure day to Maiquetia. Please be there 1 hour before. (Itinerary depends on seats availability)USD$265 ( )
|Thursday, 17 August 2017||28||28||Clear|
|Friday, 18 August 2017||28||28||Clouds|
|Saturday, 19 August 2017||28||28||Rain|
|Sunday, 20 August 2017||29||28||Rain|
|Monday, 21 August 2017||28||28||Rain|
|Tuesday, 22 August 2017||28||28||Rain|
|Wednesday, 23 August 2017||28||27||Rain|